“The Safer Stronger Consortium builds strength through co-operation and innovation, creating a community safer from poverty and discrimination by providing new opportunities for people who are disadvantaged or marginalised.” – Mission Statement
Safer Stronger was officially constituted in 2014, and is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. It provides a partnership way of working that values co-operation, innovation and transparency. Member organisations work together to support people who are disadvantaged or marginalised.
Our consortium and partnership-working model allows for a responsive and dynamic approach to opportunities, which include supporting victims of crime in their recovery journey, facilitating the future employment of offenders and ex-offenders and enabling more cohesive, interdependent communities through Restorative Justice practices.
SSC’s strength lies in the diversity and expertise of its partners, more about whom you can read here.
- Promote community cohesion through the employment of ex-offenders.
- Bring providers together to sustain effective, inclusive services.
- Act as a role model for other partnerships by operating inclusively and effectively, with strong leadership.
- Create sustainable and profitable social enterprises that can employ disadvantaged or marginalised people including ex-offenders.
- Share expertise, experience, responsibility and risk between VCSE organisations working locally with disadvantaged people.
- Support those harmed by crime to cope and recover.
- Promote understanding about crime and actively seek to reduce it.
- Empower clients to resolve the issues that prevent them from leading rewarding lives in the wider community.
- Ensure access to local and affordable community services.
- Build capacity by promoting healthy and professional working relationships between public, private and voluntary sector organisations.
- Develop an open, restorative learning culture amongst organisations working locally with disadvantaged people.
- Provide support for consortium member organisations, helping them to win and deliver public service contracts.
- Reduce inequality of opportunity within Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- Develop client capabilities, sense of purpose, and relationships with others.
- Generate sustainable economic activity with a strong sense of responsibility to the environment.
- Work across family generations to break cycles of disadvantage.
Board of Trustees
- Jon McLeavy – Chair
- Alan Milliner
- Jeanette Reed
- Miles Topham
- Paul Reeve
- Lydia Mills ~ Chief Officer